Sign Up NOW! for the electric voice theatre VIRTUAL CHOIR.
We have fun, interactive rehearsals led by Frances M Lynch with music by women composers, some specially composed, focused around projects celebrating women in music & science past and present
electric voice theatre
How it Works!
Tuesdays at 6.30pm on ZOOM.
Scroll down for more details
- IT’S FREE TO JOIN – REGISTER HERE
- NO AUDITION
- Open to anyone of any gender, age or ability, especially family groups
NB. children under 14yrs can only be admitted as part of a family group which includes at least one adult!
- Suitable both for beginners and more experienced singers
- Warm ups and exercises help to develop skills and provide a lot of fun!
- It’s absolutely not a requirement to be able to read music (Sound files, words sheets and scores will be available as needed )
- WEEKLY REHEARSALS on a project basis (approx. 2 months per project). Each project will have music rehearsed and performed in a related time period – members can sign up for 1 project period or more!
- Each singer will be supported to make SOUND RECORDINGS of their own parts if they wish to do so, and their contributions combined with others to create a final mix.
- We do not use video recordings, all the music is recorded for sound only, and photos of the group will be taken only with the member’s permission.
- Members will have the option to participate in live ZOOM PERFORMANCES, appearing alongside electric voice theatre singers, scientists, historians and a British Sign Language interpreter who will help the Virtual Choir use some signing in their performance.
electric voice theatre aims to discover, honour, and promote female voices past and present and to inspire, guide and build diverse VOICES FOR THE FUTURE.
CLICK HERE to browse through the choir’s past zoom performances and find out more about what we’ve been up to since summer 2021.
There were 5 main projects and members participated in 7 Zoom performances with electric voice theatre and recorded 7 pieces of music including world premieres.