Voices for the Future VIRTUAL CHOIR has closed for the summer (at least) so we won’t be accepting any further registrations for now. We hope to restart later this year or early next – for fun, interactive rehearsals led by Frances M Lynch with music by women composers, some specially composed, focused around projects celebrating women in science past and present.
Tuesdays at 6.30pm on ZOOM.
Scroll down for more details
- FOSSILS & FUNGI: Sept 7th – Oct 19th 2021
Featuring Mary Anning (1799-1847)Palaeontologist and Beatrix Potter (1866-1943) Mycologist and Author – MORE DETAILS HERE
- LOBSTERS & LIMERICKS: Oct 19th – Nov 23rd 2021
A special celebration of Marine Biologist Isabella Gordon ( 1901- 1988) and her part in the 60th Birthday Festivities for Emperor Hirohito in Japan, 60 years ago! – MORE DETAILS HERE
- St Columba’s Women: Nov 23rd – Dec 7th 2021
The Virtual Choir sang “Jesus Christ the Apple Tree” by Elizabeth Poston as part of a celebration of the life of St Columba, on the 1,500th Anniversary of his birth. – MORE DETAILS HERE
Voices for the Future
How it Works!
- IT’S FREE TO JOIN
- NO AUDITION
- Open to anyone of any gender, age or ability, especially family groups
NB. children under 14yrs can only be admitted as part of a family group which includes at least one adult!
- Suitable both for beginners and more experienced singers
- Warm ups and exercises help to develop skills and provide a lot of fun!
- It’s absolutely not a requirement to be able to read music (Sound files, words sheets and scores will be available as needed )
- WEEKLY REHEARSALS on a project basis (approx. 2 months per project). Each project will have music rehearsed and performed in a related time period – members can sign up for 1 project period or more!
- Each singer will be supported to make SOUND RECORDINGS of their own parts if they wish to do so, and their contributions combined with others to create a final mix.
- We do not use video recordings, all the music is recorded for sound only, and photos of the group will be taken only with the member’s permission.
- Members will have the option to participate in live ZOOM PERFORMANCES, appearing alongside electric voice theatre singers, scientists, historians and a British Sign Language interpreter who will help the Virtual Choir use some signing in their performance.
VOICES FOR THE FUTURE aims to discover, honour, and promote female voices past and present and to inspire, guide and build diverse VOICES FOR THE FUTURE.